Venus Theory (Three Song Listen)

I just watched a YouTube video by a channel called Venus Theory, called Playlistification of Music.
I found it interesting. He was talking about how music has become a commodity instead of art, because Spotify and other streaming services push you the same type of music over and over, instead of showing you new kind of music you didn't know to look for. Also, smaller creators don't usually end up on playlists and such as easily as bigger creators. He talked about independent artists as "we", so I figured he's one as well. And decided to check his music out and give my opinion. I'm feeling inspired and adventurous after his video, I'm up to listen to any kind of music rn.

This blog probably still has zero readers, but who knows what the future holds. This might just create a butterfly effect. He made a YouTube video, YouTube alghorithm recommended his video to me because I like content centered around music, he casually mentions he's an artist as well, I check out the music and write about it in my blog that has zero readers (this is more like an extension of my brain / personal notes and I put this out here just in case someone might find any of this relevant or informative or interesting, ever), but a random person might accidentally find this post in particular, check out his music, like it and then he has at least 1-2 more fans, maybe more if that person shares it with their friends, etc. 

I'm just gonna do the first three songs from his YouTube playlist, titled My Music. The songs are called Poison, The New Divide and Circles. All thumbnails are some sort of abstract shapes. I'm guessing electronic music of some sort, based on the aesthetics and because I happened to also see a playlist where the name suggested he knows something about music production.

Poison
Beautiful female voice. Electronic background. Reminds me a bit of venbee, but then again not. Both are melancholic electronic music, but very different vibe overall. Background music is simple but effective. Very pleasant to listen to. Without the lyrics, I'd totally listen to this as background music when I'm working. With the lyrics, maybe when driving or cleaning. Cool. 8/10.

The New Divide
Same kind of athmospheric beginning as the previous one. Same singer, I think. Same kind of, very clean, athmospheric and simple but effective music. At some points the tension builds up a little bit and there's this distorded sound (sorry, don't know what it's called), that reminds me of Pendulum a little bit. They've used a similar sound, I mean. This was catchy! 8.5/10.

Circles
Same vibe and singer again. But all songs sound different enough, though - it's not like they're the same song or anything. I love how her voice is stacked here. All of these songs also have a lot of lyrics for an electronic song, as much as i.e. pop, rock or metal songs do. I didn't pay that attention to those on this first listen, though, because I'm typing as I'm listening. That's why I said as an instrumental it'd work as a work background music. Actually, I do repair books weekly as well, even with the vocals this would totally work for that. Anyway. This last song was probably my least favourite. Melody was a bit more predictable and the song was a bit calmer/slower than the previous one, and we know how I'm extra picky about slower songs... But this is still a 7/10, it's a pretty good song.

I'm gonna go and like the first two songs on Spotify, if he's on there. To mess with the alghorithm. ;) And to hear those again any random day when I least expect it.

Comments

Popular Posts