The Dali Thundering Concept (Three Song Listen)

I have a vague memory of this being some kind of a rock or metal band or artist. We'll see.
Song that made me add them to my list is called God Is Dead... Interesting. Their biggest songs are The Myth of Happiness and Collapse - The Alghorithm Remix. Curious titles.

God Is Dead (second listen)
A robotic voice is telling me a story. Then we get electronic metal, very prog. Screaming vocals. Under 3min long. I can see why I found them intriguing. 

The Myth of Happiness
A sample from a cartoon, then prog metal... The singer has an accent. (Googled, they're French.) The music is challenging, constantly evolving... I like the song, though. I wouldn't listen them on a daily basis, completely due to the complexity of their sound. But random songs by them, on a random day and time, mixed with simpler songs by other people? Sure.

Collapse - The Alghorithm Remix
Sounds in the beginning remind me of old scifi video game gun sounds. Space Invaders or something. Then we get more prog metal and electronic influences. Very technical playing, again. But this one actually has a catchy melody as well! The tempo is messing with my head :D There was a moment near the end where they dropped all the instruments for a second and I got shivers. I love it when bands do that. Breakdowns and whatnot.

As I said, I do like the band. It's just a bit too complex and technical for me, at this time, to listen to more than a few songs at a time. My mind needs something to grasp onto so that the listening experience is pleasurable. A tempo, a melody, anything. This is too much all over the place, for my brain. I appreciate the heck out of it, though.

Comments

Popular Posts