Sect Unit (Three Song Listen)

For some reason, I haven't liked any songs by them on Spotify before starting... They could have been a featuring artist on a track, though, since Spotify doesn't always count those...

I'm going for their three most popular songs on Spotify. Red Rum has over 10 million streams, Stop and Tick Tock both have a bit over 2 million. So, Red Rum is their biggest hit so far, clearly.

Red Rum
It's rap. It's about depression and aggression, what I gather from the lyrics without looking them up. Sure, so far I'd say I can vibe with this.

Stop
 These songs are short! This one's about violence as well... I'm not so sure about these lyrics, though, i.e. he said the n-word and I don't like that.

Tick Tock
It's about Tiktok (and some other stuff) and features the n-word a lot, again...

Conclusion: I liked Red Rum, but so far, based on the lyrics, I'm not interested in checking more songs by them. It's the n-word that I find problematic and also the lyrical aspect of the writing came off as uninspired and edgelord-y...

Comments

Popular Posts