Grim Salvo (Three Song Listen)

Before doing the Three Song Listen, I'd heard one song, called HEART OF DARKNESS.
I didn't remember much of it, so I started with that. For the other two songs, I chose their most popular songs on Spotify (by view count, of the five on top), and those were Tr0nched In Sw0t with over 10,6 million views/streams/whatever, and TrenchWorld, with a bit under 7,4 million.

HEART OF DARKNESS (second time hearing)
Tool vibes. But Tool is cancelled from this blog, at least for now (allegations against Maynard are too numerous to ignore), so I can tell why I loved this. The screams are amazing. Nice rapping kinda vocals as well, reminds me of Corpse. I think I also hear some ethnic influences and turntableism? Not sure about the latter, though... This is amazing! 10/10. <3 A proper "try not to headbang so people on the bus don't look at you weird" challenge 😂

Dr0nched In Sw0t
KAMAARA feat. Grim Salvo.
I've heard of KAMAARA as well. More amazing low whispery rap right in my ears, electronic music, guitar, metal screams... This rapping is so great!! Love!! 

TrenchWorld
Such a bop!! Same instruments as before, but all songs have enough variation between them as well. Most rap-heavy of these three.

After listening all three songs I googled them, followed them on Spotify and added them to my Deep Dive list.
They're a duo from the US, and they've been friends since childhood.

Comments

Popular Posts