A thing I noticed about Knox Hill and Ren (more crazy fan theories lol)

Why did they premiere their songs on the same day?
I just thought of two reasons:
1) People are already tuning in for the Ren premiere, so more people might turn up on the Knox premiere if you put them only 2h apart. I don't know if it worked though, since this was the first Knox premiere I was in. There were under 100 people there, where Ren had over 8000. But it was interesting to see how big the difference was.
2) Knox did a remix, with an Eminem beat. Which means he can't put it on Spotify unless Eminem's record label / distributor gives him a permission. Ren did a live performance, which he never puts on Spotify. So neither of them are on the New Music Friday list I'm listening to now. Spotify doesn't like independent artists, they get less play time than big corporation artists. So this could have been intentional in that sense, too.

But then again, Spotify has been pushing the Anthony Vincent x Arankai collab to me all week. I'm not sure, but I think Anthony is independent. Arankai certainly is. And it's a cover, too. I didn't like it, though. Neither of them were that good on this particular song, which I found disappointing. This could have been Arankai's big break, but then he put a weird effect on his voice and didn't belt when he could have. I hope at least some people still check out his other stuff based on this collab...

Comments

  1. Knox Hill's Killshot is on streaming platforms now, I just went and liked it on Spotify, and added it to the Rap & Hiphop playlist I've been listening to a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts