Weekly Recap (June 3rd-9th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Treehouse Burning - Suffocate
- Cassyette - Petrichor - Stripped (Cool!)

Not a very good list this week. Spotify keeps thinking I'm into metalcore. I think this might be because it pitches metalcore to me, I'm like "meh, it's fine" and hit the like and then it thinks I'm REALLY into it even tho really I just think it's ok. I wish the algorithm they got would focus more on music I listen to a lot... The Vibe. Give me The Vibe. There's plenty of music genres there to choose from, barely any of which are metalcore...


Release Radar
- Unlike Me - Dead To Me - Reimagined (<3!)
- HalaCG - Love Me Or Not (Almost rapping!)
- Snow Tha Product - Look at Me (🏳️‍🌈 I think she put out an album? She's had a "new song" about three weeks in row)
- Token - BUILDING 7 (Shots fired! I don't know, but I have a very educated guess who this is about... Drake and Kendrick, I'm 98% sure it's about Drake and Kendrick.)
- Poppy - New Way Out (I like the screams)
- BRUHMANEGOD ft. Savage Ga$p - black mass (Savage's verse was everything. He's the featuring artist, he does what he's supposed to - brings his own twist to whatever the main artist does.)
- Stoneside. - You're No God (I love it 🖤)
- Paul Beaubrum ft. Naïka - FÈY (I've never heard a ballad from Naïka. It's pretty. I'm generally speaking not into ballads, though, so I probably won't come back to this.)
- CHINCHILLA - CAPS LOCK (Her music got boring when she got signed.)
- Chrissy Chlapecka - Sugar (It's giving 2000s Britney Spears 💖💅)
- messier - Can I Pet Your Face? (No, but you can play in my headphones. -- Continuing with the punk rock vibes they had on the previous single.)
- Evergrey ft. Jonas Renkse & Salina Englund - Cold Dreams (I follow Jonas from Katatonia, that's why I'm hearing this. It's nice, but not as nice as Katatonia. The band's real singer has more power metal-y vocals and those ain't my thing. Salina's voice is very pretty as well! Idk her, but my guess is she's a symphonic metal singer.)
- Vana x Sophie Powers - PLAYBOi (💖🤟)
- Eminem - Houdini (🔥 Wrote an Initial Thoughts post about it, my opinion hasn't changed since then.)
- Twenty One Pilots - Navigating (Cool.)
- Rope Sect - Rope Of The Mundane Love (I really like his voice. It's soft as soothing, like Jonas Renkse's. I'm slowly working on a Deep Dive to Grandson's music - the reason the progress is slow is in me, not in him - and Rope Sect has great potential of being next! Quite different music from Grandson as well, so they're an even better fit!)

And then the list has some songs again, that I've already heard last week. I don't know why they sometimes repeat them...

Comments

Popular Posts