Weekly Recap (May 6th - 12th, 2024)

Discover weekly
- Sophie Powers - Bathroom Floor (I think I've heard her music before..? I liked how it started - I'm a sucker for reverb - but then it got boring quite quick.)
- TSS - Fantasize (Wasn't really feeling the French, but the screams in the end got me!)
- Shot Down South - Doom Slayer (A bit heavy for my taste, but the melodic chorus and electronic elements softened it up just right.)
- Processor - InsecT (I like the instrumental. Vocals drown in the mix too much.)
- YUUGE - Zepperiah (The beginning of the first scream was kinda funny :D "yyyAAAAARRGHH!")
- The Haunting - skins
- STELLVRIS - Echoes of the Past (Wow, she's badass! What a screaming voice!)
- HEALTH x Perturbator - EXCESS
- Lovely Machine - HEROIN (I liked the rap.)
- Sin Shake Sin - Congratulations, You're in a Cult! (😂 Fun! Needed this this morning!)
- Rome Music ft. Raycheal Winters - Controlled Chaos (I came here to write about the ochestral elements, and before I could even finish writing the band's & artist's names and song title, he started rapping and I was like "Hmm, this must be Raycheal?" And then she started singing and I was like "No, THIS must be Raycheal!" Lol. What a wild ride. Didn't expect the rap, OR the female vocalist! Does the band have two vocalists or one multi-talent? Following them to find out, hopefully soon - a sort of passive Three Song Listen)

Watched the rest of Ren's Chapters on Thursday afternoon, except the one that drops right before the song. Don't really have much to say, he was very thorough with it. And it got into bits of his story I cannot relate to. The physical illness stuff. The mental stuff I get, and my mental health problems come with a lot of psychosomatic symptoms (=physical symptoms, caused by mental health problems), but it must be very different when you're mentally ok, and then a physical illness has both physical and mental symptoms. It's sort of like the opposite of what I've experienced, and I've been somewhat of a functioning member of society through all this - I was on sick leave from uni for depression for a few months in 2011-2012 and unemployed for a year in 2016, and how well I do at school/work, how social I am outside the school/workplace etc vary a lot, but I still feel like Ren has been through more... I've never been bedridden for months to a year on end, for example. And it slowly dawned on me in my late teens what was wrong with me, I got an official diagnosis for it when I was 19. Ren lived for such a long time not knowing what was causing his illness. I know exactly what traumatized me enough to develop depression and anxiety disorder, and it slowly got worse and worse until I finally realized it's not normal and sought help.

Release Radar
- Ren - Troubles (Hard AF. The Vibe. Great. 🖤)
- Cassyette - Over It (One of those artists where you can never know the genre of a song before you listen to it. This one's pop, with some rock influence.)
- jambo x Mikael Gabriel - LOVE (Very mainstream hiphop, but it's catchy. And both of them can rap well. Definite national summer hit potential - I wouldn't be surprised if this played everywhere this summer.)
- Reliqa - Dying Light (It's ok. Doesn't hit as hard as some of their earlier work...)
- Gracchus - How Heavy Weight Your Sins? (What is up with no one doing proper screams today? Sounds soft for some reason...)
- Will Ramos x Nik Nocturnal - Slow Dancing In The Dark
- Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Burn! 🔥)
- Sophie Powers ft. kets4eki - Woah!! (I'm not sure how I feel about this...)
- Anthony Ray ft. Eshplume - OD (Cool!)
- Knives At Sea x Easy Mccoy - Live Hard Die Harder
- Azahriah - tantarosz

Knox's new freestyle isn't here. Either it's because of copyrights on the beat or he'll drop it next week.

Is it just my phone acting up or did Spotify remove the like button from the player? Why? It was so convenient. Now there's a Share button. ☹️

Need to go through the Eurovision songs and go like and/or subscribe the ones I really liked...

On Sunday I was at a couple of livestreams and a person was mean to me in one of them :( kinda. He was just messing with me, but idk why. He asked me "hi guurl, how are you?" and I told "I'm ok, should be doing chores but here I am" and then he was like "I don't even know you"... "Ok?" You asked so I answered, cause I'm nice and pretend to know people I don't remember, even when they misgender me. Then he told me "stop procrastinating, that ain't you gurl" and I told him "you don't know me". That shut him up.
So in the end, it was alright. I like how I played that one. Like, I'm not amused, your joke was shit, but also, like it didn't get to me. It did, a little bit. This just happened, Imma be alright in few minutes. 
Gosh I miss the Ian Taylor livestreams. Everyone was so nice <3 
Nothing will ever compare to Ian's. Those were the absolute best livestreams I've ever been to.
I don't want to say whose livestream this happened in, it's not their fault. I'm just overly sensitive 'cause of my trauma and mental health problems, and this guy was being kind of a douche.

Comments

Popular Posts