Weekly Recap (May 13th-19th, 2024)

Discover weekly
- Kade McCuen - The Otherside (I swear, Spotify knows I'm gonna 'deep dive' to her music next.)
- Esoterica - Breaking the Unknown (Pretty nice, a prog metal song.)
- Essenger - Half-Life (Lol, the bio just says "long live BIONICLE")
- Billy Howerdel - Poison Flowers (The Vibe. The reverb, the calm low male voice, the surround sound.)
- Dropout Kings ft. Hacktivist - I Ain't Depressed
- Falling Giant - Hades (Quite mainstream, but there's something enticing about this... The X factor.)
- Prtty Ridiculous - PLASTIC (Not ridiculous at all. Very Alt Z.)
- DEATH X DESTINY - DEFIANCE (The mixing on the female vocals is so pleasurable to listen <3 He's kind of... meh, as a screamer. If it was just the female vocals, this'd be The Vibe)
- E-An-Na - Ies
- Sleep Signals - Fearless (The intrumental goes so hard, the vocals are a let down.)
- HVDES x sharks! - When I'm Alone (I like the production. Song's ok.)
- MCC - Turn
- Princess Goes - Cruel World - Bonus Track
- Ascend The Helix - Wake (I really like this! I'm following them, to hear more songs.)
- Galdorcraeft - Garden of Bones
- Xeonbomb x Trypd x Avocyn (x apparently a couple of others as well) - Treacherous Dissonance - Extended Version (Music rarely shocks me anymore, but this was a lot! I sort of like it, though, it keeps my brain interested! Wouldn't listen to this everyday, but today it was nice variation to all the metalcore Spotify thinks I'm into. - Sure, metalcore is fine. But I haven't been super into it for about 15 years.)

Release Radar
- Banshee - VULTURES (I wanna pull out my glowsticks for this one!)
- Unlike Pluto - Is It Victory (Well, the song is a victory for sure)
- Knox Hill - Bbl Drizzy Freestyle (It's a Drake diss. I only learned that after Nik Nocturnal did one, too.)
- HalaCG - Rest In Harmony (No rap ☹️)
- Statik G - Believer (No rap ☹️)
- Snow Tha Product - So What (Rap! Very summery and Doja Cat esque, but at least it's rap.)
- Infected Mushroom - Arabian Nights on Mescaline (🔥)
- Citizen Soldier x SkyDxddy - Heavy (No rap ☹️)
- Delilah Bon - Evil, Hate Filled Woman (🔥❗️ At least some people released proper rap this week. Knox and Delilah. Snow was ok.)
- CHINCHILLA - 1:5 (It's a ballad, not my thing. The lyrics are partially relatable, though. I feel like I put more effort into friendships than my friends.)
- Billie Eilish - LUNCH (More references she might be queer? On that note: She's young, let her figure it out in peace. It's not cool to force anyone out the closet or accuse them of queerbaiting for not wanting to come out yet.)
- Sara - Diabla (Wrong Sara. I want the Finnish metal band. I hate it when Spotify does this. They should allow only one artist per name.)
- Mimi Barks feat. Yeti Bones of Ho99o9 - MONTANA (Wooow, a banger! Third person to release proper rap this week!)
- Crossfaith ft. WARGASM (UK) - God Speed (Fun! It's like Running in the 90s, but make it metal. "I don't wanna feel baby, I just wanna fuck" 😂)
- Kevin Abstract - Once in a Lifetime (Very abstract.)
- Chrissy Chlapecka - 10 Boyfriends (Very much on brand. Also, very summery and fun. Possibly my guilty pleasure song for the upcoming summer. 10 boyfriends sounds like a lot of work, though. There aren't even enough days in the week. I'm very much an introvert, and grey-aro. One partner is enough for me. But you do you Chrissy.)
- The Plague - Living in the Past (I Feel Fine is The Vibe so I followed them, but this song is much softer.)
- Kendrick Lamar - meet the grahams (🖕🏼FUCK DRAKE🖕🏼)

Comments

Popular Posts