The Vision Bleak - Weird Tales (Album, Initial Thoughts)

The songs sound nice, they're this gothic-esque metal, which is more my thing than Ihsahn and Moonspell, that I listened to yesterday & today mornings.

A handful of songs from this album are The Vibe, many of the rest have a point on them when they suddenly shift from calm to restless. They shift too fast, they'd break the flow feeling I get from The Vibe.

I like how the songs flow seamlessly from one to another. Not many albums do anymore, they don't feel like fully thought out pieces of work, but merely collections of individual pieces... Transitions and the album as a whole unit are not thought about anymore.

I'm not necessarily interested in listening to their older discography - they sound like they have a lot of it. But I will definitely stay as their follower on Spotify, so I can listen to the upcoming albums as well.
Checked and they have 8 albums including this one, and the latest one before this one came out in 2016! They've been quiet for a while! And I think I've heard their older music at some point in 2022 or 2023. Maybe it's worth checking out at some point, if I'm in the mood.

Comments

Popular Posts