Ren - Troubles (Initial Thoughts)

I've had a few beers and my fiancé's behind me, playing a video game, but I hope this still makes some sense:

I really liked it. The lyrics refer to the Chapters he's been releasing all week, I just finished watching Chapters 4-8 today. It's still rap, even though he said he'd switch genres after Sick Boi (the album). But I guess he changed his mind about that and decided to continue with rap. Not complaining, just an observation. I feel like a deeper dive into the lyrics would take more time and energy than I've got right now.
The song is The Vibe and will probably drop on Spotify tomorrow, so I can add it to the playlist and passively hear it multiple times in the future, and the lyrics will dawn on me more and more. That tends to happen to me with more complex songs, like prog metal or Knox, and some others.

The lyrics, with the ages of him on various points of his life starting the bars, remind me of both Money Game Part 3 and venbee's gutter (Ren remix).

I like his clothes in the video. I wonder if the very baggy pants are actually comfortable or as difficult as tight skirts... Also, are they too eccentric for me to wear at work? And are they more expensive than I'm willing to pay for a pair of pants? Hiphop style clothes tend to be ridiculously expensive. But I've been drawn to it lately, started adding hiphop elements to my wardrobe.

I played the song a couple more times to drown out the sound of the game going on behind my back, and noticed the beat has a lot of vocal samples. It sounds like Ren, I think he made the beat using his own vocals. Very nice. I love this song.

Comments

Popular Posts