Eurovision Finals 2024

Just quick notes on everyone as I hear them (for the first time today), the finals end around 2:30am Finland's time, so I'll post this when this ends and go straight to bed.

Sweden. We pieced together the story: the twins are dating the same woman. Their friends just like dancing, they're not dating her. (Jk.) Song's a pretty good pop song.

Ukraine. Visuals 10/10! Gorgeous!! Very nice rapping and singing as well.

Germany. 7/10. Too repetitive, but otherwise fine.

Luxembourg. I'm a sucker for latino rhythms, I really like this.

Israel. Good singing, good dancing.

Lithuania. 🏳️‍🌈 yey for fellow queers! The song had a little bit too much going on, though.

Props for the Swedish host in the 70s, Karin! Real pro, keeping herself together for so well.

Spain. Zorra, zorra, zorra!! I like the message, the song grew on me as well.

Estonia. This was fun! Kinda like JVG, but folk and Estonian.

Ireland. 🏳️‍🌈 🤟🏻🖤 ❗️10/10!!!

Latvia. 6/10. I'm picky about ballads and this ain't it. Also, I'm still pumped over Ireland...

Greece. Very interesting! Need to look up the genre - the Finnish host said it's kinda like rap but dates back to Baroque times...

UK. The gay-xorcism! Don't like the song, do like the dancers, camera work and the gayness. 🏳️‍🌈

Woodruff was HILARIOUS!! 

Norway. Gorgeous voice, love the rock.

Italy. It's fine.

Serbia. Impactful, I liked it.

Finland. 🤣 This humor is so fucking Finnish! Oh gosh 🤣🤣

Portugal. Again, I'm too pumped from the previous one.

Armenia. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun vibes. Feminism, but very radio friendly.

Cyprus. Mediocre pop song. It's catchy, though.

Switzerland. 🏳️‍🌈 Wooow, I love their energy!! What a cool person and a what a voice! Also, wearing a skater skirt with boxers is SO liberating, I DO recommend!

Slovenia. Very sexy. And gorgeous voice.

Croatia. Very energetic again!

Georgia. 6/10.

France. That a cappella part was amazing!

Austria. Sure, I like a good eurodance song.

I can't make out a single word Loreen sings. Also, that bar stool she's rocking on is weird. I don't get it. (Also, I'm still bitter Käärijä didn't win.)

Can clearly see the politics in the jury votes again - not voting neighbors as usual, but the ever-neutral Switzerland. I don't mind, the song is great and Nemo is a fellow nonbinary person, so...

Yeeey, Nemo won!! Ireland was my favorite this year, but Switzerland was great!

Comments

Popular Posts