Weekly Recap (April 8th-14th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Witch Fever - In Birth
- Written by Wolves - GODDESS (Cool combo of just... I don't even know how many genres... Various subgenres of rock, with a little rap and hiphop. Added to Three Song Listen list. Although, they're also The Vibe, so I'll get into them this year anyway, at least that's the plan.)
- Revaira - Reborn Soul (The Vibe.)
- Precious Child - My Little Problem
- Killvein - bullet behind the eyes (Gosh it's a... chaos. But it's kinda beautiful.)
- Varials - Romance
- Chris Turner x Lauren Babic ft. Mitchell Rogers - Psycho (A metal song... that I'm pretty sure is a cover of a pop song... which has an obvious Lou Bega reference :'D what even is music nowadays :D)
- Poppy - EAT (CHILLS! I've only heard clips of this before, never the whole song. Those screams are INSANE. And she's borderline rapping at one point... She can do anything.)
- Alpine Universe - Devil Inside (Weirdly captivating...)
- Gutter King - Bloodrush
- Creeper - Cry to Heaven (Sounds a lot like Finnish rock - at first they sounded like Dingo and then later like The 69 Eyes. But no, they're from Southampton and have probs never heard of Dingo, maybe not even The 69 Eyes. They're just goth rock, influenced by the same bands as The 69 Eyes.)
- Royal & the Serpent - IM FINE

This week the list was actually good! Lots of metal, a little alternative. No lame music, not that many covers (if at all), etc.

I've mixed up Ca$his and Cassidy at some point, I'm sorry guys! I heard their names for the first time within a month from each orher and made a mental note not to mix them but... I still did.

Release Radar
- Ren - Mackay (Oh, it's a piano ballad! It's pretty, I like it. Different from his usual stuff - he did say that after the rap album, Sick Boi, drops, he's gonna do some other genres.)
- Scene Queen x 6arelyhuman - Stuck (The promo was correct, it IS a 2000s throwback. It's ok, not my favorite Scene Queen song. One thing I definitely don't miss about the 2000s is the mean high school queen bee trope, and these lyrics have that energy.)
- Statik G ft. Nate Dogg - Back 2 Da Hood (Coool I've never heard Nate Dogg before. I like it, good song. Lol, almost misspelled it as "hood song" 😂)
- Haunted House x KAMAARA x Savage Ga$p - PLEASE DON'T HAUNT ME (🖤🔥 So cool they started a group tohether! I'm here for it! OFFICIALLY THE ARTIST ON SPOTIFY WITH LEAST MONTHLY LISTENERS, WITH 0, because they just started, but 😂 I'm ready to be the first one!)
- Snow Tha Product x Zhavia - Find My Love
- Delilah Bon - Finally See Me (Great rapping. Idk why she keeps having bars about being a schoolgirl though. She's a grown ass woman.)
- Architects - Curse (Nik Nocturnal made predictions for 2024 and said "Architects are gonna put out new music and it's gonna be proper metal"... He was partially correct. This song keeps flip flopping back and forth between proper metal and radio friendly rock stuff.)
- Will Ramos x Nik Nocturnal - Dark Signs (The finished it! They mentioned this song in the interview - Nik interviewed Will. ... Or did they? Will says in the end it was a live version.)
- Berried Alive - Masterpeach - Gold Edition (Kinda chaotic, but that is to be expected from Berried Alive)
- thrown - nights (ah yes, the metal band with under 20min of music and over 1 million monthly listeners on spotify)
- Kanine x Nu La - Take Me Away
- EMELINE - 99 boys (It's a catchy pop song. She's such a good pop lyricist.)
- Unlike Pluto - Hollow (🖤 Chills. On my skin and in my brain - like a slow-burn eargasm.)
- Cane Hill - The Midnight Sun (🖤 OMFG I love it so much!)
- Dust In Mind - W.G.A.C.A - Intrumental version (Everyone putting out such bangers this week! Although, I'm not sure if I've heard this band before.)
- The Vision Bleak - Chapter XII: To Drink from Lethe
- Don Johnson Big Band ft. Tuomo - The Internet (Cooool. Very alt, different. But not like "wtf", more like, keeps my mind interested. The Vibe.)
- Mimi Barks - BANSHEE (Did a post about this already. Love it.)
- Jagwar Twin - Bad Feeling - Live Acoustic (Interesting. I didn't think this song would work acoustic, but I might like this even more than the studio version. He's got a great voice and knows how to create an atmosphere.)
- Black Pegasus x Anthony Ray - Mind, Body & Soul (Great beat. Great rapping. Great lyrics. Catchy. Everything checks out.)
- sKitz Kraven - Monster (omg... I like it, but the horrorcore is a little too.. horrific to be The Vibe. But I like the song.)

Comments

Popular Posts