Banshee - Sirencore Album (Initial Thoughts)

 BIRTH OF VENUS

Still one her best songs ever, and the one I'd play for people as their first Banshee song. I love it <3

SIRENCORE

I started doing a lyrical breakdown of this at one point, but didn't have time to finish and then I just... didn't. I love how the siren's and the mermaid's lyrics are different. I think it's a siren, posing as a mermaid, luring sailors into their death.

BEACH WORMS

First time seeing the video, second time hearing the song.
"I wear it better than you ever will" :'D I missed what she's talking about exactly, but I love how her lyrics are like... Very metal and poetic and the suddenly, there are lines like these...

THE ANGEL IN THE SOUND

Sonically, it fits the album, but thematically, it doesn't... With this and an older song, i feel safe with you, being on the same album, I think she might be in love <3

THE SHELL WITH 1000 EYES

This was just in my Release Radar. It's a 58-sec interlude. Beautiful.

At the edge of the Sea

First time seeing the lyric video.
Interesting lyrics, I'd like to use a proper amount of time pondering those... But it looks like it's gonna be one hell of a week at work again, so...

Star of the Desert

First time hearing.
Whaaaat, a dance track? Like, something that could be at a normal people club?
That bass is... blom, blo-blo-blom blom blom... :D Interesting choice.
But yeah, sure! I'm up for Banshee disco-vering new sounds ;)  It's not Metal or The Vibe, but like... You do you, girl! Whatever that is!
It has a melody from The Angel in the Sound, the bell-like instrument.

take me to the oceanside

An older song, fits the theme. A banger!
Oh, and this is kinda disco-y as well! Huh. I guess Star of the Desert wasn't as new of a sound as I thought.
I can't listen to this without dancing! :D

i feel safe with you

Good for you <3
I think Banshee's in love and has put these two songs here to express her love to that person.

HIGH BY THE BEACH - SIRENCORE Version

From the YouTube Shorts she did to promote this I believe it's a Lana del Rey cover? I don't know, I don't really listen to Lana.
Musically, not a surprising cover.
Otherwise, I was a bit surprised at first, because I remember hearing Lana being an anti-feminist and glamorizing abuse... I looked up her Wikipedia and she's changed her views since. Which is great. Her music still ain't my thing, though.

Comments

Popular Posts