Weekly Recap (June 5th-11th, 2023)

I ALSO KNOW EMELINE'S CINDERELLA'S DEAD!! She's really low key blowing up, but no one's talking about her...

Discover Weekly:
- :Wumpscut: - Loyal to My Hate (Very interesting, intense industrial song. Lots of sound effects. A bit long, but they do keep it pretty interesting.)
- Istasha - Captions Are Automatically Generated (Corpse-esque rapping, intesting ethnic-influenced music, very very catchy)
- The Silverblack - Boku no Sensou (very nice short gothic electro song. Love it <3)
- Vincente Void ft. Lil HBK - Necktie (lots of swearing, aggression... this packs a punch!)

Release Radar
- Ren - Suic*de (It's about his best friend who committed suicide 13 years ago. It's heartbreaking, not only what happened to Joe and how it affected Ren, but also how it brought back vivid memories from my life 12 years ago, when my own depression and my best friend's depression were both at their worst... I didn't properly cry, though, before I watched Knox Hill's reaction when it came out and his encouraging words at the end. About how I am not a burden, that I am loved. I watched the end a few times, cried and then moved on. I know I've been using this word a lot lately, but this song is amazing. It leaves me speechless. He said everything there is to say, and I am just here, to feel it.)
- EMELINE - Everything I'm Not (YAAS)
- Stoneside. - Dirtroad (Didn't pay enough attention, have to come back to this.)
- Celldweller feat. INHUMAN (remix) - Blind Lead the Blind
- Lacuna Coil - Lacuna Coil (OMG, when they dropped all instruments and said "Run" and then eargasming metal hit <3 Wow. So simple, but so effective. Also, his screaming gets better and better.)
- 3TEETH - Slum Planet (This slaps!)
- The Devil's Trade - Vidékek vannak idebenn (Don't understand a word but I like how this sounds.)
- The Foreshadowing - The Forsaken Son (Twilight Revival) (These vocals are so nice <3 It sounds acoustic?)
- Call Me Karizma - Animals (Bop.)

Why did Lorna Shore's (one take vocal cover of) Sun//Eater go harder (for me) than it should have?? And why does it remind me of Wintersun?? 

Comments

Popular Posts