Weekly Recap (July 10th-16th, 2023)

Discover Weekly

- The Worst Of Us, ALEX, TOKYO ROSE, THE AKUMA - ANTAGONIST RETURNS (I LOVE THIS <3 the rapping is good, the metal is good... There's too many artists, though, I don't know who to check out more of...)
- IC3PEAK feat. Kim Dracula - Червь / Worm (Hmm. The first Kim Dracula song I've liked. I know I technically should love his music, but I just am not super stoked about his voice for some reason... I am the problem, not him.)
- Euzen - Judged By (I love the piano/xylophone "pling" sounds, her voice and the dreamy athmosphere. I'm subscribing for more.)
- TOKYO ROSE & ALEX - Dark sun (Wow, I love this, too. But it's electronic music and clean vocals... No rapping or metal... Maybe I should check out all four of these artists anyway... I'll add them all to the Three Song Listen list.)
- Nekonomicon feat. Kylee Brielle - One-Winged Angel of Death (I especially like Nekonomicon. She sounds good, too, but a little mainstream for my taste.)
- WEDNXSDAY feat. Sereda - Watch Me Go (Catchy. I'm gonna follow to hear more.)
- Corporate Avenger - The Bible is Bullshit (I don't think it's bs, even though I don't believe in it myself anymore. But I like the lyrics and the enthusiasm. He's actually saying shit, not just trying to shock.)
- MEG MYERS - Little Black Death (I love her voice. Song is fine, 8/10.)
- KLOUD - VIRUS (Catchy.)
- DON BROCO - Fingernails (A bit mainstream-ish, but I really dig his voice. I'd listen to this again.)
- Doomtree - The Bends (I like the last verse a lot!)
- ΔXIUS LIИK - DBT (Very cool electronic song, 9/10!)

I just heard Lil Uzi Vert's CS (cover of System of a Down's Chop Suey)... You know how I always say every song has a reason to exist? Well, this song's reason is obviously to make other rappers seem better, and direct Uzi Vert fans to some decent fucking music. I'm not saying their other music is shit, because I haven't heard it, but god dammit it doesn't look good...
They have 39,5 million monthly listeners on Spotify. So either they have some bops or ppl really don't know good mainstream hiphop... like, Ash is better IMO, and has 5,6 million monthy listeners. Scene Queen has a bit under 800 000. 

Release Radar
- Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For? (I heard a clip on Eilish's IG and didn't think I'd like this, because it's a ballad, but my god those high notes are so pretty <3)
- Corey Taylor - Post Traumatic Blues (The chorus was a bit soft/mainstream, but those verses were just... pure ecstasy.)
- Celldweller - Soul Parasites - Northlane Remix (the metal is just... YES <3! Either these songs are insanely good or I'm suffering from some sort of metal deficiency... I have been listening to hiphop all week, so...)
- The 69 Eyes - Aloha From Hell (Weeeeird. They used to do this vampire-themed goth rock and now, this is like... 50s rock'n'roll or something...)
- Sect Unit - Secret (YES. They're so dope! 8/10, it could have been catchier. Not their personal best.)
- Starbenders - We're Not OK (Love it. Kinda grunge, like Garbage. Sounds super familiar, though. I've heard this before...)
- Notre Dame - Yumi - edit
- The Circle feat. Ne Obliviscaris - Of Awakening (Very immersive, in an underground metal sort of way.)
- Orbit Culture - From the Inside (This hits like a ton of bricks! But like, in a good way, if that makes sense :D This is quite a lot heavier than what I usually listen to, at least the verses, but GOSH THIS SLAPS HARD!! Immediatelly going to my Three Song Listen list, I need to check out more their stuff.
- Nik Nocturnal feat. Alleviate - Granny In Da Club (WHY DOES THIS THIS GO HARDER THAN IT SHOULD??? AND WHY DOES THE SINGER SOUND LIKE PATRICK STUMP??)
- Attila feat. Ekoh - Mia Goth (Love all the musical aspects, but the lyrics aren't doing anything to me... Might need to check both bands/artists on other songs, though... And yes, I've heard of Attila, but no, I cannot name a single song by them.)
- CORPSE feat. Bring Me the Horizon - CODE MISTAKE (I have a vague memory of not liking this on the first listen and that makes me kinda confused... Because this is absolute fire!)
- Kim Dracula - Land of the Sun (I still have a personal problem with his voice, but that is 100% my fault. This song is every genre ever and it's perfect. I'm the problem.)
- Siiickbrain - Parasite (It started off good, but chorus was quite boring... I have liked her in the past, that's why I'm writing this down... Good to know I don't love all her stuff.)
- 3TEETH - Scorpion (Another artist that's popping up on my Spotify a lot. Liked this song a lot. 8.5/10.)
- The Buttress - Rex - Brutus II (I'm really conflicted on this... It's fire and also I don't like it at all x'D Her voice sounds weird, it's either an accent, an artistic choice or an effect on top of the voice, and I don't like it at all. But her lyrics and the staccato delivery I absolutely love.)

Bad Omens - Just Pretend (Love it <3 Such a good song.)

Learned a new word, "floorgasm". It's "the feeling one gets when listening to Floor Jansen of Nightwish sing". 😂


Comments

Popular Posts